App promotion refers to all techniques and strategies that can help you communicate about your app to your target audience. It’s how you increase visibility, boost demand, and differentiate your mobile app from others in the market.
- Understand who your audience is, their needs, the content they like, and how best to reach them.
- Promote it before the launch.
- Publish blog posts detailing the app’s features and functionalities.
- Promote it via website banners.
- Send out an email series detailing the app’s features, launch date, and any sign-up offers.
- Promote it on social platforms.
- Partner with influencers
Effective ways to promote your app to help you maximize your downloads:
- Website:- For enterprise brands, your app needs to be prominently featured across your site, not an afterthought or a small logo on the footer. Instead, it should have a presence throughout, wherever it makes sense to
- Social Media Social media is a must for app promotion. There are two ways to connect with your audience via social- paid and organic.
- Public Relations They say there’s no such thing as bad press unless of course your press is non-existent. Media and influencer mentions go a long way in terms of creating buzz and credibility. There are many ways to go about doing this, but below are just a few to consider: Press release Host a launch party and invite the local media and tech influencers Interviews with local newspapers and tech bloggers Guest blogging
- App Store Optimization (ASO) App Store optimization, or ASO, is the SEO of the mobile app world. It’s imperative for discoverability in an oversaturated market.
- Search Ads As part of its iOS 10 launch, Apple introduced Search Ads, which is paid advertisement within the App Store. In a nutshell, you’re able to bid for relevant keywords so that when a user is searching for apps using a particular term, your app appears first.
Remember that the quality of users you attract to your app is more important than the quantity, so make sure that you understand your target audience, and craft your advertisements accordingly.Want to get the most out of your mobile app? Book a demo request with a member of our team today for a deep dive unique mobile app marketing software.